Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
RALEIGH Ė The four North Carolina High School Athletic Association state menís soccer championship games scheduled for Saturday have been postponed.
The forecast for heavy rain throughout much of the next two days, along with concern over field conditions and safety with four games scheduled for the Curtis and Jackie Dail Soccer Stadium on the campus of North Carolina State University, forced the switch.
Three games will now be played on Sunday and then the 4-A championship will be Monday night at 7 p.m.
On rare occasions NCHSAA state championship games have been moved to Sunday due to inclement weather or facility issues.
Wendyís is the presenting sponsor of the NCHSAA sports program. The Raleigh Sports Consortium serves as a host city sponsor for these championships, along with the city of Raleigh and the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitorsí Bureau.
NORTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
2008 STATE MENíS SOCCER CHAMPIONSHIPS
Curtis and Jackie Dail Soccer Stadium at North Carolina State University, Raleigh
Sunday, November 16
CLASS 2-A: Raleigh Cardinal Gibbons (23-2-1) vs. Shelby (19-2-2) 1 p.m.
CLASS 3-A: Jacksonville (25-3) vs. Charlotte Catholic (23-1-1), 4 p.m.
CLASS 1-A: Hampstead Topsail (16-5) vs. Albemarle (16-5-1), 7 p.m.
Monday, November 17
CLASS 4-A: New Hanover (23-2-1) vs. Charlotte Myers Park (24-0), 7 p.m.