Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
RALEIGH-- The sixth annual North Carolina High School Athletic Association state invitational cheerleading championships are scheduled for the brand new Raleigh Convention Center on Saturday.
A record number of 115 teams have already registered for the event, including almost 2,000 cheerleaders.
Competition will be held in 11 different categories. The doors open at 7:30 am and competition will begin at nine o’clock Saturday morning.
The Carolina Cup will also be awarded during the course of competition. Cheer Ltd., Inc., one of the NCHSAA’s corporate partners that assists with the invitational championship, established the Carolina Cup to recognize annually the top high school varsity cheerleading team in the state.
The team that earns the highest cumulative score among varsity teams during the invitational championship earns the Cup. Cardinal Gibbons won the award in 2007, North Gaston won it in 2006 and Raleigh Sanderson took the Cup in its inaugural year in 2005.
The presentation of the Carolina Cup will culminate the day, with the Cup to be awarded at approximately 8:50 p.m.