Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- 2013 BB&T/NCHSAA Football Championships Central
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
CARY –Will Rollinson of Raleigh Cardinal Gibbons beat teammate Michael Reilly on Saturday to win his third consecutive singles championship in the North Carolina High School Athletic Association state 2-A men’s tennis tournament at the Cary Tennis Center.
Rollinson dropped the first set in the final match by 6-3, but then came back to win 6-2, 6-1. He had beaten Carrboro’s Amir Najmabadi in the morning semifinals while Reilly was eliminating last year’s runner-up, Graham’s Tyler Cook.
Defending doubles state titlists Ryan Daly and Jonathan Fedorkowicz of Cardinal Gibbons made it two titles in a row, as the duo downed William Gray and Taylor Sullivan of Kill Devil Hills First Flight for the second consecutive year in the finals, 6-2, 6-3.
The Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Raleigh Sports Consortium are the host city sponsors for these tennis championships. Wendy’s and the Carolina Ford Dealers are presenting sponsors of the NCHSAA sports program
NORTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCATION
2008 STATE 2-A MEN’S TENNIS TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIPS
Cary Tennis Center, Cary
Michael Reilly (Raleigh Cardinal Gibbons) def. Tyler Cook (Graham) 6-2, 6-2; Will Rollinson (Raleigh Cardinal Gibbons) def. Amir Najmabadi (Carrboro) 6-2, 6-1.
Rollinson (Cardinal Gibbons) def. Reilly (Cardinal Gibbons) 3-6, 6-2, 6-1.
William Gray/Taylor Sullivan (Kill Devil Hills First Flight) def. Chris Geaslen/Chris Betz (Raleigh Cardinal Gibbons) 6-4, 7-6(5); Ryan Daly/Jonathan Fedorkowicz (Raleigh Cardinal Gibbons) def. Ethan Caudell/Bradley Walters (Saint Pauls) 6-1, 6-1.
Daly-Fedorkowicz (Cardinal Gibbons) def. Gray-Sullivan (First Flight) 6-2, 6-3.