Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
HENDERSONVILLE DOUBLES WIN IN NCHSAA 1-A MEN’S TENNIS
CARY – West Montgomery’s Grant Harrison reversed the results from last weekend’s regional tournament to win the singles championship Saturday morning in the North Carolina High School Athletic Association state 1-A men’s tennis championships at the Cary Tennis Center.
Harrison, the runner-up in the West regional, downed Akash Dadlani of Albemarle, the West regional champ, in straight 6-3 sets for the singles title. Both Harrison and Dadlani had won a pair of matches on Friday to advance to the state championship.
Defending singles champ Tyler Grove of Hendersonville elected to play doubles this time around and earned another state title. Grove and Robert Beal defeated Nickolus John and Dusty Roberson of Mount Airy 6-2, 6-3, for the doubles crown.
John was a member of the state 1-A doubles champion last year and beat a Mount Airy team that included his current teammate Roberson in the 2007 final.
The Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Raleigh Sports Consortium are the host city sponsors for these tennis championships. Wendy’s and the Carolina Ford Dealers are presenting sponsors of the NCHSAA sports program.
NORTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCATION
2008 STATE 1-A MEN’S TENNIS TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIPS
Cary Tennis Center, Cary
Grant Harrison (West Montgomery) def. Akash Dadlani (Albemarle) 6-3, 6-3.
Tyler Grove/Robert Beal (Hendersonville) def. Nickolus John/Dusty Roberson (Mount Airy) 6-2, 6-3.