Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
CARY -- Defending doubles champions McKenna and Kalli Karas of Waxhaw Cuthbertson rallied from a set down to win their second consecutive state crown in the North Carolina High School Athletic Association state 2-A women's tennis tournament championships Saturday at the Cary Tennis Center.
The Karas sisters defeated Salisbury's Joy Loeblein and Erika Nelson in the finals, 3-6, 6-4, 6-0, after both teams had worn morning semifinals in straight sets. The Cuthbertson duo lost only four games in four sets in its two Friday victories.
Hillary Lutz of Shelby captured the singles championship with a 6-4, 6-0 triumph over Katelyn Storey of Salisbury. The eventual state champion ousted Kate Power of Kill Devil Hills First Flight in a semifinal Saturday morning.
Wendy's is the presenting sponsor of the NCHSAA sports program.
NORTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
2010 STATE 2-A WOMEN'S TENNIS TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIPS
Cary Tennis Center--Saturday Results
Hillary Lutz (Shelby) def. Kate Power (Kill Devil Hills First Flight) 6-0, 7-6 (3); Katelyn Storey (Salisbury) def. Hannah Marion (Hillsborough Cedar Ridge) 6-2, 6-3.
Lutz (Shelby) def. Storey (Salisbury) 6-4, 6-0.
Joy Loeblein-Erika Nelson (Salisbury) def. Claire Rinaldo-Anne Rinaldo (East Lincoln) 6-2, 6-3; McKenna Karas-Kalli Karas (Waxhaw Cuthbertson) def. Courtney Bowers-Lizzie Hanes (Ashe County) 6-1, 6-2.
M. Karas-K. Karas (Cuthbertson) def. Loeblein-Nelson (Salisbury) 3-6, 6-4, 6-0.