Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
APEX -- Lori Wang of Raleigh Charter kept her perfect singles record intact and captured the state title on Saturday in the North Carolina High School Athletic Association state 1-A women's tennis tournament championships at Middle Creek High School.
Wang, last year's runner-up, beat Jordan Jackson of Mount Airy in straight sets, 6-3, 6-2, in the final. Wang is now 21-0 on the season in singles play.
In doubles, Nelessa Lewis and Janice Wong of Durham's North Carolina School of Science and Math earned the championship with a 6-4, 7-6(4) victory over East Montgomery's Delana Hinson and Samantha Kellis. It was the first loss of the season in doubles for the East Montgomery pair after 13 consecutive wins.
Wendy's is the presenting sponsor of the NCHSAA sports program.
NORTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
2010 STATE 1-A WOMEN'S TENNIS TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIPS
Middle Creek High School, Apex--Saturday's Results
Lori Wang (Raleigh Charter) def. Jordan Jackson (Mount Airy) 6-3, 6-2.
Nelessa Lewis-Janice Wong (NCSSM) def. Delana Hinson-Samantha Kellis (East Montgomery) 6-4, 7-6(4).