Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- 2013 BB&T/NCHSAA Football Championships Central
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
Veteran Murphy head football coach David Gentry has reached a coaching milestone.
Gentry, who is in his 39th season of coaching and 27th at Murphy, hit the 300-victory total for his career on October 1 and earned his 301st on October 8 to push his overall career mark to 301-161.
Gentry becomes the eighth football coach, according to North Carolina High School Athletic Association records, to have hit that 300 total.
He now tied with NCHSAA Hall of Famer Babe Howell with 301 career victories and could break what is acknowledged as the Western North Carolina record with a victory on Friday night against Andrews.
Congratulations to Murphy head football coach David Gentry!