Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
A couple of North Carolina High School Athletic Association athletes have been recognized this summer for excellence.
Leah Jones of Cape Fear High School in Fayetteville is one of 30 players nationwide to be named to the MaxPreps.com all-American softball team. Jones batted .538 and drove in 52 runs for Cape Fear this year and also added her nametot the NCHSAA record book by hitting 18 home runs.
Jones will be attending North Carolina State University this fall.
Madison Bugg of Cardinal Gibbons High School, an outstanding volleyball player who was the Most Valuable Player in the NCHSAA state 3-A championship, is a member of a national volleyball team.
Bugg is the only North Carolinian on the Team USA Youth Olympic Games volleyball roster and the team will be competing in Singapore.
Congratulations to this fine student-athletes!