Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
Several new record holders have been added to the North Carolina High School Athletic Association state record book in softball.
Kayla Myers of Swain County is the new all-time career record holder for hits, as she collected 188 during her career. She also has a number of other marks, including a performance listing for a .543 career batting average.
Lauren Maennle of Swain also earned performance listings in several offensive categories.
We also welcome Charity Watson of Washington, who graduated in 2009, to a number of places in the record book performance listings for softball. Among the additons for her career are 1,245 strikeouts (fourth all-time), along with 17 no-hitters, five perfect games and 53 shutouts.
The record book is found on line by clicking the Record Book link on the right side of the home page. Check out these outstanding accomplishments in softball.