Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- 2013 BB&T/NCHSAA Football Championships Central
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
HILLSBOROUGH -- Concord Jay Robinson rallied from a 26-3 deficit and came back to nip Orange 35-32 before a big crown at Orange Monday night in the North Carolina High School Athletic Association state 3-A dual team wrestling championship.
Robinson 135-pounder Devonte Andujar was named the Most Valuable Performer, as his victory in the final match of the night lifted Robinson to the state championship.
Orange was seeking its third consecutive state dual team title, although its last two were at the 2-A level as Orange moved to 3-A in the current realignment. The Panthers finished with a 32-4 dual team record.
Robinson, in winning its first NCHSAA mat crown, ended the dual-team campaign with a mark of 24-2.
The match had been postponed to Monday night due to the weekend's inclement weather. In action on Sunday, West Wilkes won the 1-A dual team title, Newport Croatan the 2-A crown and Winston-Salem Parkland captured the 4-A championship.