Chapel Hill, NC - This September, UnitedHealthcare and the North Carolina High School Athletic Association teaming up for the “UHC Sidelines Hunger” program to fight hunger across the state of North Carolina.
We are inviting teams representing schools from across the state to help us by collecting canned and non-perishable food items during our blitz week.
The teams from our regional groups who collect the most food will win cash awards, and those with the most and best social media updates will win a pizza party!
Sign up today! Spots are limited to the first 50 teams to sign up.
Here’s how it works:
- Click here to sign up before Thursday, August 31, 2017:
Teams will be contacted by NCHSAA/UHC with further details following registration, including coordination with a food bank in your area.
Only the first 50 teams are eligible to participate in the program
- Teams will huddle up during the first week of school and prepare to begin collecting food during our blitz week from September 8 – September 15, 2017.
- Teams will begin collecting food on September 8th, and are encouraged to post social media updates throughout the week via the hashtag #UHCSidelinesHunger.
During the blitz week, the team who posts the most updates and the single best update (as judged by UnitedHealthcare and NCHSAA) from the week will win a pizza party worth $100!
- At the end of the blitz week, the participating food banks will report back to the NCHSAA the amount of food collected by each team.
- The teams that collect the most food during the week will receive cash prizes and will be honored on-field at the NCHSAA Football Championships in December:
Region 1+2 – First Prize $300, Runner-Up $200
Region 3+4 – First Prize $300, Runner-Up $200
Region 5+6 – First Prize $300, Runner-Up $200
Region 7+8 – First Prize $300, Runner-Up $200