We are excited that you have decided to start your officiating career with the North Carolina High School Athletic Association.
New Officials ChecklistBefore being assigned to officiate an NCHSAA game, there are some steps to take. Below you will find step-by-step instructions to make registration painless.
- Sport Decide which sport(s) you want to officiate. Click here to visit our sports page.
- Register as an Official
- Click here to see all the registration deadlines and link to register. Create a username and password by clicking on “ Click here to register”. If the deadline for the registration session for the sport has passed, the late fee will be waived for NEW OFFICIALS ONLY.
- Once your profile has been created, then you may register for the sports of your choice. Log into your account, with username and password that was just created. **Your password will be emailed to the email address listed from creation of your profile **
- Click on “registration” header at the top of your profile, it will prompt you to our registration page. Checkmark which sport(s) you plan to officiating for this season, then click on the drop down menu to the right of the sport to choose which Regional Officials Association (s) you will work with. Click on “Update this registration” to finish the process.
- Regional Supervisor Contact your local regional supervisor per sport you registered for. Click here for the list of supervisors.
It is imperative for new officials to contact their local Regional Supervisor following registration with the NCHSAA to verify that you are indeed on the roster of the Regional Supervisor. By doing so it shows a sense of responsibility and eager attitude that we look for. IF, you are not listed on your regional supervisor’s roster please call the NCSHAA Officiating Department at 919-240-7374, so we can rectify the situation.
- Your local regional supervisor will provide local clinic attendance contact(s), local association meeting dates and times, set scrimmages and game assignments.
- Click here for Rules Clinics and Annual test dates.