- Regionals CLOSED - no longer taking submissions for Saturday, March 4 Regional Games
- States CLOSED - no longer taking submission for Saturday, March 11 State Games
NCHSAA Radio/TV Fees - From the NCHSAA Handbook
2.2.18 Radio-TV Fees: Member schools retain the broadcast rights to their regular season contests, with the exception of the NCHSAA’s Official Television Partner’s Game of the Week in football and basketball. Member schools are encouraged to make their own arrangements with media outlets. The NCHSAA retains all broadcast rights to the NCHSAA Game of the Week. The NCHSAA also holds the broadcast rights to all postseason competition it conducts whether broadcast over the air, TV, cable TV or the internet.
(a) For a live audio-only broadcast (radio or internet streaming) of any single playoff contest, the fee is set at $50, AM, FM or internet audio stream.
(1) Since the NCHSAA holds the rights to postseason play, no station can be denied the opportunity to broadcast a playoff contest by a member school without approval of the Association.
(b) The minimum fees for the rights to air a delayed telecast of NCHSAA playoff games are as follows:
(1) $300 for a football telecast “over the air” or a combination of over the air and cable television;
(2) $150 for a football telecast available only on cable (community access channel, etc.); or video streaming;
(3) $100 for other playoff sports for a telecast “over the air” or a combination of over the air and cable television; or available only on cable; or video streaming.
(c) A telecast aired on multiple outlets, over the air or cable, is subject to the appropriate fee for each outlet or cable system airing the contest.
(d) All broadcast or telecast fees are payable to the host institution or, at the state championships, to the NCHSAA prior to the beginning of the contest.
(e) The delayed telecast may not begin any earlier than completion of the contest.
(1) With written application to the Association, a non-commercial telecast may have the rights fees waived under certain conditions.
(f) NCHSAA Game of the Week: The NCHSAA Game of the Week will be conducted during the Fall and Winter sports seasons for the sports of football and basketball in conjunction with the Official Television Partner of the NCHSAA. During the Fall Sports Season the NCHSAA Game of the Week will be held on Thursday, and on Monday or Thursday during the Winter sports season.
(1) If forces beyond the NCHSAA’s and Member Schools’ control make broadcast of the NCHSAA Game of the Week impracticable, the NCHSAA and its Official Television Partner may select alternate sports to be broadcast during the aforementioned time slots, or an alternate date to broadcast the NCHSAA Game of the Week.
(2) Live internet video streaming of the NCHSAA Game of the Week is expressly prohibited absent prior written approval by the NCHSAA.
(g) Live regular season telecasts of football and basketball games by NCHSAA member schools are prohibited. However, member-schools outside of the Official Television Partner’s system footprint, may upon prior written approval from the NCHSAA and its Official Television Partner, make their own arrangements with media outlets for live telecasts during the aforementioned time slots.
(h) Live internet video streaming of regular season contests is permitted, with the exception of the NCHSAA Game of the Week, which requires prior written NCHSAA approval.
(i) A live telecast of a playoff game must be approved by the NCHSAA and the holder of television rights, if any, which the Association has granted.
(1) The minimum fee is $1000 for a single station and $2000 when the signal is fed to multiple stations or cable systems.
(j) All telecasts, live or delayed, of any state championship game must be approved by the NCHSAA.
To be placed on our press release email list, please email email@example.com