POSITION: Assistant to Business and Marketing
High School diploma or equivalent and at least one year of office assistant or secretarial experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The position requires the following knowledge, skill and ability to perform the job successfully:
- A love of high school sports is essential as well as knowledge of North Carolina geography as the nature of our business is high school sports and we work with high schools in each county across the entire state.
- General knowledge of high school athletics and office administration
- Ability to determine priorities and work independently.
- Knowledge of NCHSAA policies, procedures and regulations as they relate to reception, customer service and office support.
- Ability to effectively communicate information verbally and in writing to the organization, as a whole, individuals and outside entities.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
The individual in this position will serve the NCHSAA in a full-time role, Thursday through Wednesday each week, in accordance with the NCHSAA Handbook, no more than 40 hours per week.
Reports To: Business Manager and Commissioner
Responsibilities and Duties:
The following duties are normal for this position and are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive.
- Provide primary assistance to the NCHSAA Business Manager
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of NCHSAA policies, procedures and regulations as they relate to, customer service, office support and the administration of the NCHSAA’s business operations.
- When necessary retrieve, open, sort and disseminate incoming Association mail.
- Assist the Business Department in the organization of accounts payable and receivable. Including correcting, processing, reconciling, and filing a wide variety of accounting documents for the Association, as directed by the Business Manager.
- Provide assistance to the Business Manager with regard to the maintenance of Association Financial Records; includes reviewing, reconciling and updating appropriate databases.
- Aid in distribution of disbursements to member-schools and other entities, by endorsing disbursements, via signature-stamp and as authorized, mailing said disbursements, organizing invoices, and other tasks as directed by Business Manager.
- Provide assistance to the Business Manager in the processing of expense reports and reimbursement requests, quickly resolving invoice discrepancies.
- Contact member schools or other entities, when authorized by the Business Manager or Commissioner, regarding disbursements, Association dues, and/or other information necessary for reconciliation of Association records.
- Provide competent customer service to member schools and other entities who may contact the Business Department.
- Provide Assistance, when necessary and authorized, to the Marketing Department with general duties, as well as the organization, placement, and distribution of materials and equipment at various Championship venues.
- Other duties as assigned by the Commissioner and Business Manager.
Medium Work: Exerting up to fifty pounds of force occasionally, up to twenty pounds of force frequently, and up to ten pounds of force as needed to move objects.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provision of the NCHSAA policy manual and assessment instruction for administrative personnel.
From the link below, submit a cover letter, resume and a list of five professional references. Reference information should include name, position, relationship to applicant, telephone number, and e-mail address.
The NCHSAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for submission of applications: June 9, 2017
Email the Information Required to: firstname.lastname@example.org